Presidential award is given to an individual who has exhibited excellence in leadership and vision in promoting the MAS mission through the advancement of Population Health, broadening the Scientific Community Education and contributing significant influence on individuals or Organizations’ Public Health Policies. The MAS recognizes individuals for their long standing involvement and contributions in the field of Science/or Technology and human diseases.
Required Nomination resources:
1. Candidates have to be members of MAS and active members in the year of nomination
2. A formal letter of nomination from MAS council member addressing why the candidate is qualified for this award (Maximum 500 words)
3. The Nominee’s up to date Curriculum Vitae
4. At least one (up to three) reference letter from those who are familiar with the Nominee’s leadership role in national/international organization, contributions to human diseases, science/or technology and community involvement (Maximum each 500 words). One reference must be MAS active member.
5. A copy of 3 most recent original research publications indexed in peer-reviewed Journals related to population health.
1. Fulfill required nomination resources
2. Representation of diversity reflecting MAS membership
3. Sustained scientific and/or population health productivity at least during the past decade
4. Leadership role and mentorship of the next generation of scientists
5. The award may not be given annually if applicants criteria unmet.
Deadline for submission: December 5th Annually
Notification of Award: Jan 10th Annually
The nature of the award:
Recognition of the recipient at the MAS Awards Ceremony and presentation of Plaque. Recipient name will be displayed at MAS website and reported to all state and national agencies including the National Association of Academies of Sciences for more exposure at the national level and possible nominations for national awards.
Approvals: Selection of recipient is made by MAS Council (internal Rubric)