Abstract Deadline: Nov 15, 2023
Link for submitting an abstract
PLEASE USE FireFox, Internet Explorer, or Chrome. Safari will NOT allow you to pay via STRIPE.** We will also send an invoice immediately after you submit the abstract that you can click on to pay for registration.
Don’t miss these great opportunities:
Outstanding Student Manuscript Award-If you want to submit a paper for consideration you can upload your paper at the abstract submission site
- Description of OSA Application for Outstanding Student Award_2024
- Description of the Outstanding Student Award
- Nomination for Outstanding Student Award
- Application for Outstanding Student Manuscript Award
- Author Guidelines for JMAS
Millsaps/Undergraduate Scholars Symposium
- Millsaps student award info“>Millsaps Symposium Annual Mississippi Academy of Sciences Meeting
Mississippi INBRE Graduate Scholars Symposium
- Mississippi INBRE student award infoMS INBRE Symposium 86th Annual Mississippi Academy of Sciences Meeting
Your research may be presented orally or as a poster. Oral presentations are generally 15 minutes. The speaker should limit the presentation to 10-12 minutes to allow time for discussion; longer presentations should be limited accordingly. The poster board dimensions are 48″W x 36″H standard size (posters should be slightly smaller than the board size).
Payment for both MEMBERSHIP AND PREREGISTRATION of one author must be sent prior to the meeting, and the presenting author MUST be a member of the Academy at the time the paper/poster is presented.
All abstracts should be submitted on-line via the link (a pdf with screen shots showing each dimension of abstract submission is available on this page for help), and there is a 250-500 word limit (check with your division chair).
We prefer PAYMENT FOR THE ABSTRACT via the PayPal link you will see when you submit your abstract. If you do not use STRIPE, enclose a personal check, money order, institutional check, or purchase order for the $25 publication charge for each abstract to be published, payable to the Mississippi Academy of Sciences. The publication charge will be refunded if the abstract is not accepted. If you are paying by check or PO please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the title, author, and division that you submitted to so we can ensure that your abstract is considered.
- Abstracts may be edited up until the November 15th deadline.
- Late abstracts will NOT be accepted.
Attendance and participation in the annual meeting requires PAYMENT OF MEMBERSHIP AND REGISTRATION.
Early Registration Deadline: Jan 13, 2024
- Student Preregistration and Complimentary 1 yr Membership: $60.00
- Regular Preregistration and Complimentary 1 yr Membership: $155.00
- New Life Membership and Preregistration: $600.00
- Existing Life Member Preregistration: $125.00
Late Registration after Jan 13, 2024
- Student Registration and Complimentary 1 yr Membership: $95.00
- Regular Registration and Complimentary 1 yr Membership: $220.00
- New Life Membership and Registration: $600.00
- Existing Life Member Registration: $165.00
Registration will remain open on line until February 24, 2023!
ON-SITE REGISTRATION FEES WILL
- Student ON-SITE Registration and Complimentary 1 yr Membership: $115.00
- Regular ON-SITE Registration and Complimentary 1 yr Membership: $240.00
- Existing Life Member ON-SITE Registration: $185.00
If not using a credit card to pay your membership, abstract, and/or registration fees, please submit your appropriate fees to
Mississippi Academy of Sciences
PO Box 55907
Jackson, MS 39296-5907
For questions about submitting an abstract, contact email@example.com
For questions about membership or registration, contact Ms. Lisa McCammon at firstname.lastname@example.org