Abstract Deadline: NOVEMBER 15, 2017 — We are using Oxford Abstracts this year, and the abstract fee of $25 each must be received by November 15, 2017 or your abstract will not be considered for the meeting. You will submit your abstract prior to joining and/or preregistering for the meeting.
Instructions for Submitting an Abstract
**PLEASE USE FireFox, Internet Explorer, or Chrome. Safari will NOT allow you to pay via PayPAL.**
PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT
Don’t miss these great opportunities:
Outstanding Student Manuscript Award
- Description of the Outstanding Student Award
- Application for Outstanding Student Manuscript Award
- Author Guidelines for JMAS
- Nomination for Outstanding Student Award
Millsaps/HHMI Undergraduate Scholars Symposium
Mississippi INBRE Graduate Scholars Symposium
Your paper may be presented orally or as a poster. Oral presentations are generally 15 minutes. The speaker should limit the presentation to 10-12 minutes to allow time for discussion; longer presentations should be limited accordingly. The poster dimensions are 60” wide x 42” high.
Payment for both MEMBERSHIP AND PREREGISTRATION of one author must be sent prior to the meeting, and the presenting author MUST be a member of the Academy at the time the paper/poster is presented.
All abstracts should be submitted on-line through Oxford Abstracts, and there is a 250-word limit.
We prefer PAYMENT FOR THE ABSTRACT via the PayPal link you will see when you submit your abstract. If you do not use PayPal, enclose a personal check, money order, institutional check, or purchase order for the $25 publication charge for each abstract to be published, payable to the Mississippi Academy of Sciences. The publication charge will be refunded if the abstract is not accepted.
- Abstracts may be edited up until the November 15th deadline.
- Late abstracts will NOT be accepted.
Attendance and participation in the annual meeting requires PAYMENT OF MEMBERSHIP AND REGISTRATION.
- Student Preregistration and Complimentary 1 yr Membership: $50.00
- Regular Preregistration and Complimentary 1 yr Membership: $130.00
- New Life Membership and Preregistration: $550.00
- Existing Life Member Preregistration: $100.00
- Student Registration and Complimentary 1 yr Membership: $60.00
- Regular Registration and Complimentary 1 yr Membership: $170.00
- New Life Membership and Registration: $590.00
- Existing Life Member Registration: $140.00
Early Registration Deadline: January 8, 2018
Late Registration after January 8, 2018
If not using PayPal to pay your membership, abstract, and/or registration fees, please submit your appropriate fees to
Mississippi Academy of Sciences
PO Box 55907
Jackson, MS 39296-5907
For questions about submitting an abstract, contact Dr. Ken Butler at KButler@umc.edu.
For questions about membership or registration, contact Mrs. Gerri Wilson at GWilson@umc.edu.